Channahon Actively Implements a Business Retention & Expansion Project Focused on the Needs of Existing Businesses
The Village of Channahon and Channahon Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) are working in partnership to implement a Business Retention & Expansion (BR&E) Project. This project is designed to stimulate economic development and growth by identifying the needs of Channahon’s existing businesses. An engaged local business community is key to the success of this endeavor and the Village of Channahon and CEDC are inviting all local businesses to participate in the Business Retention and Expansion Project.
The objectives of the BR&E Project:
- Learn of the future plans of the region’s local businesses with respect to expansion, relocation and /or retention and follow-up where assistance can be provided.
- Demonstrate the community’s pro-business attitude and develop an effective means of communication with local businesses.
- Detect and retain businesses with “red flag” issues, that may be planning to close, move, sell or expand to another location outside of the Village.
- Identify and implement improvements to community services and communication.
- Build community capacity to sustain growth and development.
To make this project as effective as possible, the process will begin by selecting a random sample of businesses from each industry sector. These randomly selected businesses will be asked to participate in a business visit and a face-to-face interview.
Businesses that are not selected for a visit are still urged to take this opportunity to share their views and to contribute to the pool of data that will be compiled together and analyzed to detect key findings and recommendations. The BR&E surveys can be found at Channahon Village Hall, sent in the mail, or can be found online at www.channahon.org/business/business-retention-expansion/ or at www.channahonedc.com/documents/business-retention-expansion/. Please fully complete surveys and return to Nicole Norris at Channahon Village Hall, 24555 S. Navajo Dr. Channahon, IL 60410.
If your business was not part of the selected random sample, but would prefer a face-to-face interview, you may contact Nicole Norris via email at [email protected] or by phone at (815) 467-6644.
All individual information and comments will be CONFIDENTIAL, but the aggregated data will be invaluable to identifying the issues, needs and future plans our existing business community.