Social Media Policy
Village of Channahon
Social Media Comment Policy
The purpose of this social media site(s) is to provide information about Village of Channahon services and programs, as well as other information that is of public interest to residents, businesses and visitors. We encourage you to comment on our social media platforms with questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
The Village of Channahon reserves the right to delete the kinds of comments noted in the list below. This list is not exhaustive, but representative of the types of comments that may be deemed inappropriate:
1. Comments containing vulgar or threatening language;
2. Personal attacks of any kind;
3. Comments that promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation;
4. Comments not relevant to topic, or unintelligible comments;
5. Spam or links to other sites;
6. Comments that advocate illegal activity;
7. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
8. Comments that include personally identifiable medical information; or
9. Comments that include information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
Please note that the comments expressed on this site(s) do not reflect the opinions and position of the Village of Channahon government or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning this social media platform, please contact the Marketing and Communications Manager at [email protected].