Community Electronic Sign Request Form
Channahon Community Electronic Message Sign Request Guidelines
Displays on the Channahon Community Electronic Message Sign are available to governmental groups and not for profit organizations* that provide programs and services of interest to the general public within the Village of Channahon and the Channahon Park District.
Requests by organizations other than the Village of Channahon and the Channahon Park District are limited to the advertising of upcoming events and should be submitted no more than 60 days in advance. A minimum five business day notice prior to the desired first date of posting is required.
Only one message can be submitted per request. All requests are subject to approval and available space.
Spelling, format and accuracy are the responsibility of the person completing the request form. Messages may be edited for space, content clarity, aesthetics, and good practices.
Messages will be displayed for a maximum of 14 days prior to the start date of the event and then deleted.
Messages promoting/advertising regular meetings or ongoing events may be displayed for a limited time as space permits.
Messages will be posted to the following priority:
- -Village of Channahon Events/Notifications
- -Channahon Park District Events/Notifications
- -Not for profit and service organizations located within the Village of Channahon/Channahon Park District that financially contributed to the sign
- -Other not for profit and service organizations located within the Village of Channahon/Channahon Park District
- -Not for profit and service organizations located outside the Village of Channahon/Channahon Park District that serve Village/Park District residents
The following messages are not allowed:
- -Political messages
- -Personal messages
- -Messages which promote private business activities or the sale of goods and services
- -Commercial advertisements
- -Messages inconsistent with Village of Channahon / Channahon Park District policies or local, state and federal law
Messages will normally appear for approximately six seconds over a two minute repeating message loop.
Messages on the sign may be preempted at any time according to the above stated priority, notwithstanding prior approval or reservations.
The Channahon Community Electronic Message Sign is not a “free speech zone” but is instead a vehicle for conveying information to the public about events and messages deemed appropriate by the Village and Park District, who own the sign and maintain ultimate authority over any content posted.
Only Village and Park District Staff may post messages, and at all times postings remain subject to the approval or denial of the Village and Park District.
The Village and Park District reserve the right to prohibit any message on a case-by-case basis and all such decisions shall be deemed final.
* For purposes of these guidelines, a not for profit is defined as a 501(c)(3) organization; a church; or a youth service group.
Please click on the link below to download the Application:
Channahon Community Electronic Message Sign Application