The Community Development Department is responsible for Building, Planning and Zoning, Code Enforcement, and Economic Development activities. The Department does the following:
- Collects impact fees for distribution to the appropriate taxing bodies
- Enforces the Village Code
- Enforces the zoning regulations
- Implements the Village Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- Issues building permits
- Issues certificates of occupancy
- Performs inspections
- Reviews development site plans, plats, and building plans
- Undertakes economic development activities
One of the Department’s main areas of focus is to review new residential, commercial, and industrial developments prior to going before the Planning and Zoning Commission and Village Board of Trustees for approval.
The Village's information technology and communications systems are also organized within this department. These categories include the Village’s geographic information system (GIS), computers, networks, and communication services such as the Village’s web page, social media, and cable TV channel. These functions and services are utilized by all the departments of the Village.
Business License Application
For information about business license applications, please call the Village Hall at 815-467-6644.