Planning & Zoning Commission
- 2nd of Monday every month
- Village Board Room
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Karen Ciarlette, Chairperson
- Ricky Gray
- Susanne Madding
- Nicole Larson
- Larry Blackburn
- Chris Thurlby
- Steve Weaver
The Village of Channahon is seeking residents who are interested in serving on the Planning and Zoning Commission. The Village President appoints all Planning and Zoning Commission members with the advice and consent of the Village Board of Trustees. Commissioners are appointed to five-year terms. In the event of a vacancy, replacement appointments are for the unexpired term of the member whose place has become vacant.
To find out more about becoming a Planning and Zoning Commission member, and to fill out a Committee/Appointment Application, please click here (link).
The Village of Channahon Planning and Zoning Commission is a seven-member commission comprised of Channahon residents. Commissioners are recommended by the Village President and appointed the Board of Trustees to five-year terms.
Powers & Duties
- To hear and consider appeals taken from decisions of the Building Inspector
- To hear and consider applications for variations of the Zoning Ordinance
- To prepare and recommend to the Corporate Authorities a comprehensive plan for the present and future development or redevelopment of the Village
- Recommend to the Corporate Authorities ordinances to implement the Comprehensive Plan
- Recommend to the Corporate Authorities from time to time changes in the official Comprehensive plan
- Prepare and recommend to the Corporate Authorities from time to time plans for specific improvements in furtherance of the official comprehensive plan
- Give aid to the Village officials charged with the direction of projects for improvements embraced within Comprehensive Plan, to further making of these projects, and generally to promote the realization of the official Comprehensive Plan
- Recommending to the Corporate Authorities reasonable requirements governing the location, width, course and surfacing of:
- Public streets and highways
- Sanitary sewers
- School grounds
- Sewage collection and treatment
- Size of lots to be used for residential purposes
- Stormwater drainage
- Street lights
- Water supply and distribution
- Ways for public service facilities
- Prepare and recommend to the Corporate Authorities schemes for regulating or forbidding structures or activities which may hinder access to solar energy systems necessary
- Hold hearings on petitions for reclassification of zoning districts and for amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and to make recommendations on such petitions and amendments to the Corporate Authorities
- Make recommendations to the Corporate Authorities regarding the Subdivision Ordinance and to review all Plats of Subdivision and Site Plans for Development and make recommendations to the Corporate Authorities on such Plats and Site Plans
- Review all annexation and disconnection proposals and submit recommendations to the Corporate Authorities with regard to such proposals and recommend a zoning classification for such land upon annexation
- Hear, consider, and make recommendations to the Corporate Authorities on applications for and petitions for revocation of Planned Unit Developments
- Hear, consider, and make recommendations to the Corporate Authorities on applications for and petitions for revocation of Special Use Permit
- Exercise such other powers and duties germane to the powers and duties granted by State Statutes and this Chapter as may from time to time be conferred on the Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC) by the Corporate Authorities.