Holiday Home Decorating Contest
Is your home the brightest on the block? The one that families flock to to see your holiday display every winter? Are you the most festive home in Channahon?
We want to see it - and so do your fellow Channahon residents - and you could win up to $1,000 in gift certificates to support local Channahon businesses by doing so!
Registration is now closed.
Voting for the 2020 Holiday Home Decorating Contest is now closed.
Winners will be announced via social media and on our website on Friday, December 18. Winners will be recognized during the Village Board meeting on Monday, December 21.
Categories & Prizes
- 1st Place Best in Show - $1,000 in gift cards to Channahon businesses
- 2nd Place Best in Show - $720 in gift cards to Channahon businesses
- 3rd Place Best in Show - $500 in gift cards to Channahon businesses
- Most Creative (Most imaginative use of lights/decorations) - $250 in gift cards to local businesses
- Best Theme (Best display that has an organized appearance or theme) - $250 in gift cards to local businesses
- Best Animation (Lights and music that bring Winter Wonderland to life) - $250 in gift cards to local businesses
Rules & Instructions
- Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of the Village of Channahon.
- Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
- Employees and Elected Officials of the Village of Channahon, and their families, are not eligible to participate.
- Registrations must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, December 7, 2020.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Village website and social media pages. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting of publication.
- Participants agree to have their address shared publicly for residents to view and vote on the participating homes. No other participant information (resident names, contact information, etc.) will be shared publicly.
- Voting is open to Channahon residents and will take place from Thursday, December 10 through Monday, December 14. Voting will close at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, December 14.
- Only one voting submission per email address will be accepted.
- Participants may only win one category (i.e., a participant cannot win both the Best in Show category and Most Creative category).
- Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the voting period noted above.
- Six prizes will be awarded: One 1st Place Best in Show prize of $1,000 to Channahon businesses; one 2nd Place Best in Show prize of $750 to Channahon businesses; one 3rd Place Best in Show prize of $500 to Channahon businesses; one Most Creative prize of $250 to Channahon businesses; one Best Theme prize of $250 to Channahon businesses; one Best Animation prize of $250 to Channahon businesses.
- Winners will be announced on the Village's Facebook page on Friday, December 18. Winners will also be notified by telephone.