2021 Pumpkin Carving Contest
Are your pumpkin carvings *spooky* good? Carve out some family time and enter your pumpkin design for a chance to win gift certificates to local Channahon businesses!
Registration to submit your pumpkin opens on Monday, October 18, 2021 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, October 21, 2021. You must submit a JPEG photo of your carved pumpkin to be used for voting with your registration. A link for registration will be added here on Monday, October 18.
Vouchers for pumpkins, courtesy of Dollinger Family Farm, are available for the first 60 residents to pick up at Village Hall beginning Monday, October 11, 2021. Vouchers are redeemable for one (1) pumpkin at Dollinger Family Farm (7420 E. Hansel Road). Limit one voucher per household. Vouchers are not redeemable after October 21, 2021.
Residents are encouraged to use stencils courtesy of the Village of Channahon. Stencils can be found here (link). Or, residents can create a pumpkin design and carving all their own. All entries should be in good taste and suitable for all ages.
Voting is open to all Channahon residents. Voting will take place from Monday, October 25 through Sunday, October 31. Channahon residents will be able to vote on the homes via a link that will be posted on this page and our Facebook page. Pumpkins will also be displayed outside of Village Hall from Friday, October 22 through Sunday, October 31. Winners will be announced via social media on Wednesday, November 3.
Prizes will be awarded for the highest-voted pumpkin in the following categories (limit one winner per category):
- Ages 12 & under
- Ages 13-18
- Ages 19 & above
Rules & Instructions
- Participation is open to all residents within the Village of Channahon.
- Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
- Employees and Elected Officials of the Village of Channahon, and their families, are not eligible to participate.
- Registrations must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, October 21, 2021.
- Contest is for carved pumpkins only, not pumpkins that have been otherwise decorated (paint, other crafted materials).
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of their carved pumpkin posted on the Village website and social media pages. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting of publication.
- Participants agree to have their pumpkin carving image shared publicly for residents to view and vote on. No other participant information (resident names, contact information, etc.) will be shared publicly.
- Photos may not be filtered or digitally altered.
- Participants agree to provide their completed carved pumpkin to the Village of Channahon no later than Thursday, October 21 for display at Village Hall.
- All entries should be in good taste and suitable for all ages.
- Submissions must be original work carved in 2021.
- Voting is open to Channahon residents and will take place from Monday, October 25 through Sunday, October 31. Voting will close at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 31.
- Only one voting submission per email address will be accepted.
- Three prizes will be awarded: One 1st Place prize of $50 for the 12 & Under category; one 1st Place prize of $50 for the 13-19 category; and one 1st Place prize of $50 for the 19 & Above category.
- Winners will be announced on the Village's Facebook page on Wednesday, November 3. Winners will also be notified by telephone.