We are looking for some dedicated volunteers to help the community.
The Channahon ESDA Volunteer Corp is a new division of the Channahon Emergency Services and Disaster Agency (ESDA) lead by the Emergency Services Coordinator for the Village of Channahon.
Channahon ESDA will be engaging individuals in volunteer activities that support first responders, disaster relief groups and community safety organizations. Everyone can do something to support local law enforcement, fire, emergency medical services, community public health efforts and the four stages of emergency management: prevention, mitigation, response and recovery efforts.
Training will be provided to all Volunteers and periodic refresher training will also be offered. Training included:
FEMA IS-100 and IS-700 online courses, Weather Spotter, Traffic Control and other training as required to perform the duties of the Channahon ESDA Volunteer Corp.
Volunteers will be provided with a hat, shirt, identification card and other tools to perform the responsibilities of the Corp. position.
Some responsibilities will be:
- Directing traffic
- Distributing food in emergencies
- Assisting during Village events
- Weather spotting
- Assisting during emergencies or disasters
- Working with the Red Cross to provide services to the community
- Other duties as we see necessary to provide assistance to the community
Requirements for being a Volunteer
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Reside within the Village of Channahon or Channahon Township
- Be available to respond to Emergency calls
- Be able to attend scheduled trainings
- Fill out this application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the Village Hall by August 15, 2020. Include all pages of this document.
- After review of your application a background check will be performed.
- You will then be contacted of the result of the background check.
- The Emergency Services Coordinator John Grimmenga will then schedule a meeting to kick off the new Channahon Volunteer Corp!