Channahon is officially the third suburban community to open a bike-sharing program! Similar to the Divy bikes in Chicago, Channahon now has Zagster, a bicycle rental facility completed in conjunction with the I&M Canal Corridor Association. The bike rental station is located along US Route 6 in front of Skateland Recreational Center. Once you are done, the bicycle can be returned to any of the open stations along the Canal.
The Bike Sharing System is truly a cooperative partnership between the Canal Corridor Association, the Illinois Office of Tourism (who provided a matching grant), local communities, corporations and other individuals.
Click here to listen to Mayor Missey's interview on the new bike-sharing program!
Quick notes about the system:
- You must be 18 years of age, or older, to rent a bike.
- You must have a smartphone with the Zagster app downloaded to be able to rent a bike.
- A credit card or debit card is needed to rent the bike.
- The fee is $2.50 per hour.
- You can only rent one bike at a time with each cell phone.
Locations currently open:
- Channahon: 25334 West Eames (IL-6), along trail in front of Skateland
- LaSalle: 754 First Street (corner of IL-351)
- Morris: Canal Port Park, Illinois Avenue & Wauponsee Street, in parking lot next to canal
Locations coming soon:
- Lockport: TBA
- Utica: IL-178 and W. Canal Street (in parking lot along the canal)
More information can be found on the I&M Canal National Heritage Corridor Association Website at www.iandmcanal.org/Bike.